Friday, November 4, 2011

Five months married with updates

Five months ago today, I started on the most insane adventure of my life when I married Nathan. Two weeks later we would move up to NC where the craziness truly began. But man where did October go? It's seems like yesterday I was baking a cake for Nathan's birthday. I experienced a milestone birthday with turning 21 but since I made the decision that I didn't want to drink alcohol when I came of age, it just seems like another birthday.For my birthday, I worked an 8hour shift but the next day Nathan took me shopping which was a lot of fun. We ended the night with ordering chilli's to go and renting Car 2 from red box. It was a great way to spend my birthday.

Overall life has been nuts. I am working 28-31hours a week with no chance of my hours being cut. We are slowly shifting into holiday hours which after Thanksgiving mean we will be closing at midnight. Up to Thanksgiving we close at 11pm meaning I don't get off until 11:30. Then, since we share a car, I have get up at 7 to leave with Nathan so he can drop me off at SEBTS and then normally I walk home. It's crazy but we take heart in knowing that it's only temporary. Nathan found out this week he's being transferred to a bank about two miles away from the branch he works at now. It's not ideal but it is what it is and I know he will do well.

We have been approved for a car loan through the bank so we are semi actively looking for a second car. I'm so ready to have another car and gain some independence. Nonetheless this season has made me very appreciative of having reliable transportation which is something I think we tend to take for granted. In other news, we still have yet to find a church home. We have visited around to about 10 churches visiting most twice. I know we are both ready to find a church home and I'm hoping God will show us where He wants us soon.

Five months in, I am still beyond thankful God has allowed us to be here. It's crazy to think that a year ago Nathan first mentioned going to SEBTS and told me he wanted to move up here.I honestly couldn't imagine that we would be here. It's crazy just how much life has changed in my family. Rachel and I are both on our own, married, and thriving. These changes in seasons are never easy but they are so worth the effort :)

Speaking of seasons, I will post pics so of this gorgeous fall we are experiencing in NC. I love the weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment