Tuesday, December 7, 2010

It started out as a feeling....

So it's 12:42 in the AM and I can't sleep. I go to work at 10 but I'm hoping this will lull me to sleep.
It's hard to believe I'm actually trying out this blogging thing again. I hope this time I will stick with it. I named it the journey because, this is possibly going to be multiple blogs in one. It's the journey to becoming married and beyond. It's been a crazy journey getting to this point. Here I am 20 years old and I'm getting married. No this is was not my idea or dream. In fact I used to joke I would get my BA before I got my MRS.....well God had much different plans.

So lets start with some basics. My name is Leah, I am 20 years old and I'm marrying the love of my life Nathan VanderBoegh on June 4, 2011. I met Nathan during my first semester at the Baptist College of Florida. I was a first semester freshman fresh out of high school taking my first ever college classes. I was excited to be going to BCF because it had been my dream to go to there since my junior year. And I was really enjoying my time especially the student life. BCF has such a diverse group of students even for having less than 1,000 students. Nathan was just one of many random friends that I saw and enjoyed hanging out with. He was very nice and for the first couple of months I knew him, he was just a friend. I got involved in something I shouldn't have with a guy that treated me horribly. The fling may have lasted only two weeks at most but it left me reeling and really put a sour taste in my mouth for dating. I got closer to God and was really having fun. Classes were going well, my walk with God was awesome and I had a solid group I hung out with. It was in this group that in October Nathan starting to stand out to me. We went on what supposed to be a bowling trip but it turned into a mini golf trip and I was sooo mad. I clammed up and what Nathan thought was flirting was really a angry 19 year old who was freezing because she didn't grab an extra jacket like she should have. Nathan tried to get me to open up but I wouldn't have it. Later that night we went to Krispy Kreme and for some reason when it came to pick rides back, I picked the front seat of Nathan's car. Seriously, I have no clue why I picked that place but it turned into the beginning of a pursuit that would turn into the engagement that I am so happy to be in.

After the mini golf trip, in the following days to come Nathan  and I started talking and flirting more. I went home for my birthday and he stayed on facebook until 1am eastern time to be the first person central time to say happy birthday to me. It was really sweet and I really thought I had a chance. I started spending more time in prayer preparing for what might happen. About a week or so after the mini golf trip he asked to be his date on a bowling trip. It was very awkward and it was with a huge group so talking didn't really work out. After the "date" Nathan gave me the cold shoulder. I was so confused. I didn't care if we did or didn't date, I just wanted an answer so I could either move forward or go back to normal. He came around about a week after the first date and we talked more and the more we talked, the more fascinated I was by this man. We both had a fear of the age gap (little over 4 years) and the fact that he was a senior and I was a freshman. Finally after a long 3weeks since the first trip and after a lot of time in prayer. Nathan, got my dad's permission to date/court me and on November 10, 2009 we began on the journey as boyfriend and girlfriend.....

No comments:

Post a Comment